Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Meet the Team Wednesdays: Emily Kurfis

Tiffany and I want you guys to learn more about us and our new family here in Toledo. So we thought it would be fun to interview our friends here in Toledo and post the results. We will try to have an interview with someone new every Wednesday, so keep checking back.



Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Emily Jo Kurfis. I'm 18 years old and I'm from Whitehouse, Ohio (you've probably never heard of it). I'm a sophomore in college at the University of Toledo and I'm majoring in Social Work. I lead Young Life at Perrysburg High School.

How did you get involved in Young Life?
I played softball in high school and one of our leaders was a volunteer coach. She had coached us for awhile and then invited me and a bunch of friends to go to Young Life. 

Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
I'd have to say my parents. They've taught me so many life lessons that I didn't even realize until my first year of college when I didn't have them with me. They taught me how to live and how to treat other people.

What books have changed your life?
I mean I don't really read much. Obviously the bible has been a big inspiration in my life. I really haven't read a ton of other books though. I really like Harry Potter, Twilight and the Hunger Games.

What's your biggest challenge as a Young Life leader?
I think it would be going into places where you don't know anyone.  We don't really know anyone since we're starting up Perrysburg High School.

What do you like to do in your free time?
Hang out with friends. I don't really do homework because I don't like it and I listen to lots of music.

Where is your favorite place to eat in Toledo?
I don't like to spend money so El Vaquero the mexican restaurant.

What is your favorite type and flavor of jerky?
Beef Teriyaki

Emily coaches softball at Perrysburg H.S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment